The content of this website is for information only.
This website is produced by The Kalisher Trust. None of its content is intended to constitute legal advice, and should not be relied upon as such. Any views expressed, or comments made on the law in an article, commentary or note on this web site are not necessarily the opinions of any member of the Trust other than its author.
Please note that the information is provided free of charge for information purposes only and does not amount to legal or other professional advice. Whilst we try to ensure the information provided on this website is accurate it may have been superseded by developments since the date of publication. The Kalisher Trust does not accept any responsibility for any loss which may arise from reliance on information contained within this site.
Privacy & cookies
Definitions and interpretation
- Data: collectively all information that you submit to The Kalisher Trust via the Website. This definition incorporates, where applicable, the definitions provided in the Data Protection Act 1998;
- Cookies: a small text file placed on your computer by this Website when you visit certain parts of the Website and/or when you use certain features of the Website. Details of the cookies used by this Website are set out in the clause below (Cookies);
- The Kalisher Trust or us: The Kalisher Trust is a charitable trust operating in England and Wales whose registered office is at 18 Red Lion Court, London EC4A 3EB.
- UK and EU Cookie Law: the Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) Regulations 2003 as amended by the Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) (Amendment) Regulations 2011;
- User or you: any person that accesses the Website and is not either (i) a member of The Kalisher Trust (ii) employed by The Kalisher Trust and acting in the course of their employment or (iii) engaged as a consultant or otherwise providing services to The Kalisher Trust and/or accessing the Website in connection with the provision of such services; and
- Website: the website that you are currently using, https://www.thekalishertrust.org.uk and any sub-domains of this site unless expressly excluded by their own terms and conditions.
- the singular includes the plural and vice versa;
- a reference to a person includes firms, companies, government entities, trusts and partnerships;
- “including” is understood to mean “including without limitation”;
- reference to any statutory provision includes any modification or amendment of it;
4. We may collect the following Data, which includes personal Data, from you:
- Job Title;
- Contact Information such as email addresses and telephone numbers;
- IP address (automatically collected);
- Web browser type and version (automatically collected);
- Operating system (automatically collected);
- A list of URLs starting with a referring site, your activity on this Website, and the site you exit to (automatically collected);
- Selections made using our barrister portfolio system;
Our use of Data
6. For purposes of the Data Protection Act 1998, The Kalisher Trust is the “data controller”.
7. We will retain any Data you submit for 12 months.
8. Unless we are obliged or permitted by law to do so, and subject to any third-party disclosures specifically set out in this policy, your Data will not be disclosed to third parties.
9. All personal Data is stored securely in accordance with the principles of the Data Protection Act 1998. For more details on security see the clause below (Security).
- internal record keeping;
- improvement of our products / services;
- transmission by email of promotional materials that may be of interest to you;
- contact for market research purposes which may be done using email, telephone, fax or mail. Such information may be used to customise or update the Website.