An opportunity has arisen for the Kalisher Trust to administer the selection of a Legal Assistant to our Chairman, Max Hill QC.
The successful candidate will work for Mr Hill at Red Lion Chambers, 18 Red Lion Court, London EC4A 3EB. Red Lion Chambers will offer a part-time contract of employment, requiring a commitment for 3 days per week.
This position is immediately available, though the commencement date is flexible. Mr Hill’s current appointment as Independent Reviewer of Terrorism Legislation expires in February 2020. It is envisaged that the successful candidate will remain in post for one year commencing July 2017 or as soon as possible thereafter. The role will be re-advertised in or about June 2018.
This position would ideally suit a BPTC graduate intending to commence pupillage in September 2018.
The position might suit other candidates, before or after pupillage.
Every candidate must intend to practice at the criminal Bar of England & Wales, and must satisfy the criteria of the Kalisher Trust.
Remuneration will be pro rata, calculated upon the basis of a full contract of employment at an annual rate of £25,000-30,000, depending upon the qualifications and experience of the successful candidate.
Applications should be sent by email to Gill Rorke, Kalisher Trust Administrator at firstname.lastname@example.org by 1700 on Thursday 29th June 2017, and should comprise:
- An up to date CV
- A letter explaining why you are suitable for this position,
bearing in mind the job specification, which appears below.
Legal Assistant to the Independent Reviewer of Terrorism Legislation.
Part-time, 3 days per week.
- Supporting Mr Hill in his work as Head of Red Lion Chambers and Chairman of the Kalisher Trust.
- Speeches/articles/reports; collating and managing output.
- Researching materials for above: open source research including Government websites, Parliamentary libraries, legal reports etc.
- Research and general assistance in Mr Hill’s professional legal practice.
- Attending and minuting meetings, especially at RLC and sometimes elsewhere.
- Diary management.
- Travel, accommodation, events, expenses management.
- PR/media liaison.
- Collection and delivery of materials to/from Mr Hill at three offices, RLC, Home Office and at home in London N1.
- SC security clearance useful but not essential.
- Hours and days flexible, mostly working at RLC but some remote working from home possible.